Your First Float
Get Ready for the Most Relaxing Experience of Your Life
The stress of life affecting you mentally and physically? Looking for a natural, holistic, and effortless way to help unwind, relieve your anxiety, and open your mind and body?
Flotation therapy, or “floating,” is a zero gravity environment that allows the mind and body to truly relax. It’s a setting free from gravity, strain, tension, or pain.
Floating entails a special solution of salinated water utilizing 1,000 pounds of Epsom salt. The resulting solution makes you feel as if you’re floating on air. In a complete state of relaxation, you can relieve pain, heal faster, relax, de-stress, improve sleep and have fun in this unique state. The benefits are staggering; experience the science of feeling great.
Your first float
If this is a new experience for you, here’s what you should expect on the day of your float:
- New clients should arrive 5 minutes before appointment time to complete our client intake form.
- Avoid shaving, tanning, waxing—or anything else that would increase the sensitivity of your skin prior to floating.
- We provide petroleum jelly in each pod suite to protect any small cuts and grazes from stinging! If you have any open wounds or fresh tattoos, you will want to wait for those to heal before coming to float.
- Hair color needs to be “set” before coming in to float. If you have colored your hair, you will need to wait 14 days since applying normal salon hair dye and 60 days for temporary hair dye.
- We encourage clients to avoid caffeine for at least 4 hours before floating for the most relaxing experience.
- Females experiencing their menstrual cycle the day of their float will need to follow the same protocol you would for a swimming pool or hot tub. Please wear an insertable type feminine hygiene product (tampon, cup, etc.). We also ask that you bring your own towel.
- We recommend eating something small prior to your float, but allowing at least 30 minutes to digest before your appointment.
What should you bring with you?
- We recommend wearing comfortable garments that are easy to change in and out of.
- We provide towels, ear plugs, makeup remover, neck supports, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and a prep area with blow dryers, lotion, Q-tips, etc. You may want to bring along a brush or comb.
- You are welcome to wear a swimsuit if you’d prefer. We recommend floating in the nude for the greatest experience—each room is private and features its own shower steps away from the pod.
- Those under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not permitted to float.
Now you’re ready to float.
- After showering you may enter your float pod.
- Remember to insert the ear plugs before going in.
- You may leave your tank’s lid open, propped, or closed for your float. The lid is on hydraulic arms. You can easily open and close it. If you decide to close the lid you can open it anytime if you are not comfortable with the lid closed.
- The lights in the room are on a sensor dimmer. After five minutes of no movement, the lights will automatically fade until they turn off.
- Lie back gently; the buoyancy of the water will effortlessly support you.
- Find a position to get comfortable.
- Test out different arm positions to find what feels best on your neck and back.
- Each suite has a few different types of neck supports that you are welcome to use if needed.
- Once your session has started, you will have control to turn the music and lights on or off at your leisure.
- To enhance relaxation, we can offer soothing music to start and end your session, or you can decide to turn it on and off throughout your session at your leisure.
- You may also bring your own music for your float session. Each room has a 3.5mm audio wire that can connect to a headphone jack on your device.
- We recommend trying to work towards no lights and no music for a deep, meditative experience.
- If you decide to go in with no music, you can always call the attendant at the front desk and ask them to turn the music on at anytime throughout the float.
- The float has ended once your tank’s filtration system comes on and the water starts to move. The light will automatically turn on inside the pod.
- Don’t worry, if you doze off and miss your queue to exit, we will let you know the session has ended via your pods’s intercom.
- You are in full control of your light (which features a variety of options) during your session. We recommend turning it off for the deepest experience—but this will always be up to you.
- Refrain from touching your face while floating to avoid getting salt into your eyes. We provide a spray bottle filled with fresh water in each float pod just in case!
- Initially, pain or tension in the body may seem more noticeable. This is due to the float’s ability to eliminate the typical distractions we face. Simply breathe and know that this is normal. As the session progresses, sensations will dispel.